We are on the lookout for a Lead Developer to join our dynamic team to help level up our technical offering to our global customer base.
We are a fast-growing creative agency based in the UK, but work in the heart of Silicon Valley. Collectively we embrace innovative technology and beautiful design to bring ideas to reality. Our creative toolkit and technical stack allow us to break the rules and build new and exciting brands, platforms, and all sorts of visually stunning experiences.
So, what are we looking for?
As Lead Developer at Beep, you will be responsible for nurturing and managing our development projects and team. You will lead our technical offering to ensure our digital portfolio is current and innovative. We believe creativity is a mindset, and our development solutions are just as creative as our design work. You will remain hands-on as a highly proficient full stack developer, building platforms, websites, and web applications collaboratively.
- Lead and inspire our team of developers who are in-house, remote and/or on the move
- Have knowledge and experience in building high-end, bespoke technical web applications, dynamic responsive websites, and rich online experiences
- Establish and maintain an organised and robust infrastructure for our platforms, websites, and other server-reliant projects
- Define and uphold QA practices to ensure our team continuously delivers to our high standards
- Contribute to collective problem-solving for our clients through online workshops, technical documentation, and detailed proposals
- Co-create creative solutions to technical challenges to drive our projects forward
- Work closely with the designers, our UX team and Client Services to ensure projects are scoped and planned correctly
- Liaise daily with internal departments and our clients to ensure that expectations are met and even exceeded
Our current stack
- Frameworks: Laravel, WordPress, etc.
- API implementation
- XD (preferred), Figma, Webflow
- MacBook Pro and OSX environment
- Google Workspace, Office 365, etc.
- Slack, Zoom, Teams, etc.
- You are a super positive, energetic, and friendly person
- You thrive on embracing any challenge with a can-do attitude
- You are a bit of a nerd and love hearing about new technologies
- You are ‘team sensitive’ during intense situations and deadlines
Nerds with benefits
- 28 days holiday plus we close the studio at Christmas
- Pension plan, sick pay and strong remuneration package
- Kit: Macbook Pro, magic mouse and keyboard
- Pizza, coffee and other goodies on the house
- Regular team socials, events and quarterly all hands sessions
Our company may be small but hiring is a big deal for us. We take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our business and our people. Our hiring process includes in-depth interviews with different team members to give you and us as much insight as possible. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
We all come with our own quirks that make us unique. We thrive on that, we embrace what’s ‘different’, it’s a big part of who we are. Beep does not discriminate and will welcome anyone to apply who fits the right mindset, attitude, and energy that we all feed on as a team.